Saturday, August 18, 2012

16 weeks...

Yesterday was my 16 week pregnant mark! Wahoo!! I am almost halfway there. :) I still haven't taken any pregnancy pictures. I keep thinking I will and then I forget, so I am going to try and remember tomorrow (because I should look decent for church). :) I am so excited to be preparing for a new baby.

Okay, so I haven't really dished out any of the details yet and partially because this pregnancy has been pretty stressful for me. Gratefully, I haven't really had morning sickness, and if you remember, that wasn't really an issue with Caleb's pregnancy either. However, I have been extremely tired. I think things are getting a little better though, but I usually try and nap some when Caleb's taking his afternoon nap.

I'm not really completely sure why I've been so stressed about the pregnancy, but for some reason, I just have. I went in when I was about 8 1/2 weeks pregnant. I thought I was 10 weeks pregnant. The doctor could not find the baby's heartbeat and told me that I had a tilted uterus. So, I went in two days later for an ultrasound. This time, the doctor could find the heartbeat and I saw my little bean on the ultrasound screen. What a relief that was!! He confirmed that I was 8 weeks 6 days pregnant.

I wanted to look up things about a tilted uterus... and well, that's always dangerous. I was so worried until I went into the doctor a couple of weeks later. The midwife had a really, really hard time finding the baby's heartbeat again. She finally found it after having problems with the sonogram. The doppler couldn't even pick up how fast the heart was beating due to the faintness of it, but we did hear it. At that point everything looked fine, but, I was still somewhat concerned.

Finally, I went in at 15 weeks and the heartbeat was much easier to find and was in the 140s. It was still not found right away, due to my apparently healthy and in-the-way placenta, but once it was found, it was a nice strong heartbeat, such a sweet, sweet sound. So, I finally feel like I can breathe and enjoy this pregnancy. :)

We found out I was pregnant over memorial day weekend. Well, I had my suspicions that I was pregnant before then... I had been craving grilled cheese sandwiches for a week. By the fourth day, I told Jeff, "Maybe I'm pregnant. This same thing happened with Caleb- only it was chicken pot pies". Jeff asked me to take a pregnancy test, but I just wasn't ready to find out. Well, a couple of days went by and he again asked and asked for me to take the pregnancy test. Finally, on the Friday before Memorial Day, I told him I'd take the test, but I didn't want to know the results yet. I took the test, left it upside down on his dresser and jumped in the shower. I asked if he'd seen the results and in a very sad and forlorn tone, he said, "Yeah". I was so disappointed.

Well, to make a long story short, we went to Buena Vista with some friends for a reunion of some college buddies. It was a fabulous weekend and I didn't think anything more of the pregnancy test.
Jeff left BV on Sunday after church and I stayed until Monday. On Monday afternoon, as I was on my way home, Jeff told me that someone left a package on the porch for me, but that there was no name.

When I got home, Caleb was in the car sleeping and we leaving right away to go to my mom's house, so Jeff came out and I went into the house to use the bathroom. When I came in, I saw the package. It was wrapped in wrapping paper that I knew all too well and placed in a gift bag that seemed so familiar. The tag just said "Happy News!". I opened it up and it was a really cute baby book! And that's how Jeff told me that we were pregnant!! I'm impressed with how he was able to keep it in that long. We are both so excited and we're really looking forward to adding a new little person to our family.  Jeff says it hasn't really hit him yet. I can't wait to get the nursery set up for the babies (Caleb and the new baby will share a room).

Sorry no pictures in this post... I'll get a pregnancy picture up soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! So glad things are a little less stressful with the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete