Monday, November 9, 2009

Two for One





Okay, so I wanted to write about two separate things... I'll start with the first.

I was robbed of sleep last night and by Sleep itself even. And you know, it's ironic because I had been telling people that I was sleeping better lately and that I thought it was because I was working out more (and by more I really mean at all...) See, Jeff and I are training for the 10k on Thanksgiving morning. First of all, I am just not athletic nor am I in shape. Also, I really need something that's really motivating for me to keep going... when you start working out, it's really hard to see any benefits right away and so I was really excited when I started to sleep better. Then, I had to open my big mouth and tell everyone how excited I was because I was seeing some small benefits of my exercise because I was getting better quality sleep... and then last night I tossed and turned All Night Long! So what's the cause of all of this? I have no idea! Anyway, I guess I should be grateful for the couple of wonderful nights of sleep that I did have.

Okay, so anyway, this morning, I had a really hard time getting out of bed. First of all, I was still so tired. Secondly, it was nice and cozy in my bed and so cold outside of it. Thirdly, because I was tired, I could tell I wasn't in a very good mood, even more of a reason to stay in bed. I finally got out of bed, after Jeff made our lunches for the day and got breakfast ready. I decided that I needed to make today a good day and I could change my attitude. I climbed out of bed, took a shower and got ready for the day. Then I had breakfast with Jeff, we had prayer and then I headed to work.

On the way to work, I was listening to the radio, as I usually do and I heard that they were giving away tickets to the ninth caller to see the Shangri- La Acrobats. So, I called, as I usually do. I kept getting a busy tone but I kept trying and then.... then I heard a voice on the other end! He said that I was caller #9, asked me a couple of questions like where I was calling from and my name... then put me on hold. When he came back on the phone I was on the radio. He said that he was gonna stretch my mind a little and told me that he was gonna spell a Chinese word that meant good morning and asked me to pronounce it. I tried... I failed. But, I told him that it must be a Cantonese word for good morning and that I knew how to say it in Mandarin. He was impressed and asked if I knew Chinese. I told him I only knew a little and that I lived in Taiwan for a year and learned some while I was there.... anyway the show is next Thursday! I am uber excited. It was a great way to start off my morning... not only did I win tickets, but I got to speak Chinese, too!



Also, I just want to mention this.... completely random, but I am not sure when I'll get the chance to mention it again- We went to the temple on Saturday and besides my own wedding day, it was the best experience that I've had in the temple so far. Jeff and I go monthly but this month, last Saturday was our stake temple day. It was so amazing to see so many people that I know and love all in one place and to see everyone in the same way, no one above or below anyone else. It really was amazing. It was like experiencing heaven on earth. Anyway, we both had such a wonderful time on Saturday. I am looking forward to going again in a couple of weeks.

Okay, well that's it for now!



~DeAnna

3 comments:

  1. okay...totally NOT fair!! I can't believe you won those tickets! You just won Journey tickets last month!! Maybe I can convince Bill to buy some tickets so we can go with you. It looks way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you found my blog! Awesome. I'll have to check yours out. And I know! I can't believe I won either. That would be so fun if you guys could come with us! I am so excited. It should be awesome. It's on November 19th (which is next Thursday) at 7pm at the Glen Allen Cultural Arts Center.

    ReplyDelete