Monday, November 16, 2009

I Smelled Skunk this Weekend and it was Wonderful!

This weekend Jeff and I went to good ol' Buena Vista. We left Saturday early afternoon after our dentist appointment and got to BV just after 2:30. We first went to Alexanders and hung out there for a little while with the Pences. When we arrived, Michaela was just finishing her 10th birthday party. I can't believe how big she's gotten. We ate lunch there (our own that we brought from home as the store is no longer selling food) and then went to hang out with our friends the Coopers. Boy it was so nice to see them! We hung out for a couple of hours and it was just good to be with friends and talk and laugh and watch Joshy being goofy and I got to hold baby Caleb which was wonderful. He is so sweet!! I got to hold him for awhile and rocked him to sleep.

After we hung out there for awhile, we decided to go back to Alexander's but this time with the Coopers to get ice cream. What a treat! I had my favorite that they have to offer, butter pecan. It brought back old memories of being a senior in college. Those were some of the best days of my life (but I have had many to follow those and they just keep rolling on).

Mikaela sent me a text message just as we were about to finish our ice cream, telling us that she had forgotten to feed the missionaries and that they were at the house but that we could come at any time.

When we got there, the missionaries were just leaving. We stood outside talking for a little while, but the real party began when we went inside and continued our conversation with Mikaela and Evan. It was so wonderful to just spend time with some friends who are also newly weds. I decided that I really like being friends with newly-weds. I guess it's because I have so much in common with them. It was interesting to compare lives and experiences with Mikaela and Evan. We realized that we had so much in common that it was amazing. We also have lots in common with Kristen and Bill. I think I am realizing that there are just a lot of similiarities between people at certain times in their lives. I talk to Maggie on the phone sometimes and realize that we have a lot in common with her and Ben as well. I guess it's easy to have a lot in common with someone when you are at the same phase of your life especially when they have some of the same beliefs and values and morals. Oh it's wonderful! Because it means that you can relate to them.

Saturday night, after talking for awhile (and yes, I realize there was no real lead in to this again.... I'm really tired and it's past my bed time already so I'm trying to hurry... so this may not even make much sense), we went to the Shiraki's to pick up a couple of cakes for Nate and Caleb for their birthdays. We took them to Chandler Hall to sing to them after the show was over (which, by the way, I wish we could have seen it). It was a grand time to see so many wonderful people there. And, they all made me feel so good about myself. I heard over and over again how wonderful I was (hopefully still am) :) Anyway, afterwards, and we were there for awhile, we decided that we'd go watch Hello Dolly at the Byrd's house (which is where we stayed). Neither Jeff or I had seen it before and Evan nor Mikaela had either (I hope I said that right). I fell asleep a couple of times during the movie, but stayed awake for most of it. It was pretty good. I quite enjoyed it. Oh and before that, Nate introduced us to Bonifa which was hilarious! Oh it was a good night, filled with laughter and tears from the laughter. They didn't leave until about 3 am. So yeah, we were pretty tired and then we had to get up in the morning for church.

Okay, well we went to church the next day, then came back to the Byrds had lunch, talked and had a nap. Then we went to the Shiraki's for dinner and birthday cake for Caleb, as it was actually his birthday then. We didn't leave until quarter past 8 because we kept talking, but the company was just so good! (And so was everything else!)

Well, I really need to hit the sack. I'm exhausted. One of these days, I need to write when I actually have some time so that I can write better, more clearer and just more beautifully rather than the way I've written this post.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. You never would think smelling a skunk could be so heavenly, huh?! I'm so glad that you got to enjoy a good weekend in BV like I did. I'm looking forward to our camping adventure next weekend!

    ReplyDelete