Monday, May 31, 2010

Blessings 2 through 4

Okay, so this is gonna be really short. I just don't want to get too far behind in counting my blessings...

So, Saturday, Jeff and I had such a fun date. We went ice skating which was awesome and so much fun! I realized that I could never be a figure skater, for one because I am just not that graceful or coordinated, but for two because my ankles cannot support me on that thin blade.You can't really tell in this picture, but I was having a really hard time staying stable on these skates... my ankles nearly touched the ground as I tried to walk or skate so I had to trade them in for some different ones.

Anyway, we had a blast skating! I did realize that I am not really in very good shape and that I need to work out more because I did get tired some. But it was so fun and there weren't that many people there so by the end it almost felt like we had the whole ice rink to ourselves.

Afterwards, Jeff and I went and got slurpees which neither of us had had in awhile and we forgot the prevalence of brain freeze. I got brain freeze first, then Jeff. When he did, he grabbed his head and said, "I can't do this. It hurts so bad, I just want to die right now". Ha! After ice skating and slurpees we went to Jeff's parents' house and had dinner and Jeff got a much needed haircut, which was nice.

So for blessing number two- I have a body that I can use in almost anyway that I please, I am able to move my arms and legs, I can ice skate, jump, run, dance, etc. I am grateful for my body and the many uses that it has.

Sunday, Jeff and I went to church and then we went to my dad's house for awhile. We actually ended up staying for several hours. My dad's wife's mom passed away on Thursday morning. Jeff and I went and hung out with Barry, Debbie and Monica. It was nice to be around family (I just love being around my family or Jeff's family). Anyway, of course we talked about Debbie's mom and the afterlife and all kinds of things. Blessing #3- I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of an afterlife, a life with our eternal Father, the possibilities that there are. I am grateful for all of that and I am grateful that we were able to talk about that. It's hard losing a loved one, but I am grateful that it's not like it's the end all, that there is something to rejoice in.
If you asked Jeff what he was grateful for yesterday, he would have said the air conditioner... boy was it hot! :)

Today, it was so wonderful having Jeff home. It was just so nice that we both got to be off today together. We cleaned up some in our home (did some organizing of closets and such) and then went to a cookout. We had so much fun hanging out, eating, playing with babies and playing games. It really was such a good time. Afterwards, Jeff and I came home and read scriptures. I am grateful that I have a husband that has priorities and that reminds me (mind you, I let him) to make sure we have family scripture time and prayers.
But really, blessing 4 is that I am blessed to have wonderful friends with the same values and principles that I have. I am blessed.

Okay, I know I snuck in a couple of other blessings in there, but I don't think that hurts anything. :)

Anyway, as my friend would say, "I am pretty dang blessed!" And if anyone is reading this, please feel free to add your own blessings!

Stay tuned for more!

4 comments:

  1. Glad I found your blog! So glad you're doing so well. I love how you're finding blessings everywhere. I wish more people would do that, rather than complain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, first of all...I like that you said this post was going to be short....

    Second, I love your idea of counting your blessings. I actually just thought of doing a similar thing on my blog but you beat me to it. Can I be a copy cat?

    Third, I wish we could've gone ice skating with you. But I'm SO glad you guys made it to the bbq! We had a blast!

    Finally, Jeff cracks me up. (referring to the brain freeze comment)

    Sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beck! And Kristen, you may be a copycat if you wish... did you read the blog before this one, the one that introduced the idea?

    Love you guys, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never forget ice skating with you! Back when we were single I would laugh at how all the handsome young men would rush to help you. And now you have your built-in handsome man to help you all the time! ;)

    ReplyDelete