Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blessings 5, 6, and 7

So this really will be quick this time... I have too many things to do.

But before I start, here's where to go for the start of this.... down at the bottom of the post.
http://decaljeff.blogspot.com/2010/05/ny-observations-and-blessings.html

Okay, Tuesday, I went to work, but left early to go to the funeral of my step-grandmother Jean. I ended up having to conduct it... which was kind of nervousing (yes, I made up that word). For the closing song, we sang, "Nearer, My God to Thee". Okay well, there was no music, no one to lead the song, so I ended up doing that, too... and well, I don't know how to do that. Can you say, embarrasing? Except, that no one seemed to notice, at all. In fact, at the end of the funeral services, the funeral director told my dad that I did a fantastic job and that he could tell that I didn't want anyone to hear my voice... but that I did a great job with the whole thing. (When I say I conducted, by the way, I also mean that I had to lead the meeting, introduce the speakers, etc.).

Anyway, so blessing #5- I am blessed with opportunities to serve. Debbie and my dad both said how much they appreciated it. It wasn't a big deal, except that I was very nervous, but it all worked out okay. And if I was nervous, no one else noticed. I am grateful for that.

Wednesdays blessing (#6)- This may sound crazy, but yesterday, I wasn't really looking forward to going to work. First of all, I had a nice long weekend, then Tuesday, I left work at 10. Secondly, I didn't sleep well at all that night. So Wednesday morning, when I woke up, I dreaded work. But, once I got there and got back into the swing of things, it all turned out just fine. I really do love my job. The blessing- that I have a job and that I enjoy it. That's a true blessing.

Today's blessing (#7), today it rained and poured. I am so grateful that I have a warm, lovely home. Sometimes, I think that our house is small, but really I love our home, I love it and it's ours. What a blessing.

Alright, time to go.. stay tuned!

Kristen, is that short (like I said)?

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed, DeAnna! Haha...so funny that you added that because when you said it at the beginning I had to check to really see if it was short :) haha I love you! And I love the blessings you mentioned. We surely are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete