Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!!! (cue music)








So I am sooo excited for Christmas. We finally put up and decorated our tree, put up a few decorations... I think I should add a couple each year as they are kind of meagre. One of these days, I'd like to get a nativity. My Christmas tree is blue and silver, not really by choice. See, last year, we also waited until the last minute to put up our Christmas tree and there just weren't many Christmas tree decorations to choose from... and well, I couldn't justify buying more this year, when I already had some. Ah well. It's not too bad, right? I had fun putting up and decorating the tree with Jeff.

We also reorganized things a little and we were able to reorganize our food storage and put it in a much better location, I think. Jeff is obsessed, as anyone who knows him can tell... and he just had a great time organizing and reorganizing the food storage. I had to leave him to it, because I couldn't really take his "skills" anymore.


I can't wait to get the rest of the house organized and the way I'd like it... I wish I was bold enough to paint more, but I'm just not that brave, so I have to come up with other ways to decorate.

I just had to get a picture of myself. :)
Oh, one last thing! Jeff and I sang last weekend with the Richmond Mormon Chorale at the Washington DC visitors center. I think it went really well!! It was also great to see some friends there. The lights were beautiful and it was just a wonderful evening. We got to ride up with Kristen and Amanda and had a great time there and back, though we were exhausted by the time we finally got home.

Christmas ornament Jeff's grandmother made for us this year.
The finished tree! :)
Tomorrow night, we're singing at the Monument (LDS church) building at 7pm. I hope lots of people come. I think it will be a great performance. I am so happy to be a part of the choir. Thanks Kristen for asking us to sign up with you! There have been a couple of times where I didn't feel like going to practice, but really, I have learned a lot and it's been fun doing something like this with my husband. So glad we did it.

Well, have a happy Saturday!! And Merry Christmas!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures DeAnna! What kind of camera do you have... ;-)

    I love your tree! I really like the blue ornaments too, they're so pretty! I'm amazed by your food storage (and Jeff's ability to organize it so well)! Now we know who to call...

    I'm glad you did the choir too! It's made it so worth it with you guys and Amanda there. And you're not alone when you say that you didn't always want to go to practice. :)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Post, Girl! lalalaaaaa! Tonight was a lot of fun!

    Have a great week, and Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa, your food storage skills rock, jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for kicking my butt back into gear about blogging--i needed it! Added it to the new years resolutions list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Temple Square during Christmas amazing?! I love it! Such wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete