Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Celebrations






(Not the best picture of me)


This year, Christmas was wonderful!!! I really just love being around family. On Christmas Eve, Jeff and I went to my uncle's house where other family members gathered. We ate, laughed, told stories, joked around, took pictures and just before we left, Jeff even sang a song. I was quite impressed.












We then headed to Jeff's parents' house. His sister was coming home that night from Utah. So once they got there, we ate a late dinner by candlelight, laughed and joked and sang and had a Christmas lesson and opened one present (an ornament- the tree of life- I love it!) Well, by the time that was all done, it was 11:30 and Jeff and I decided to just stay the night. So, we brought a mattress into the family room and slept there for the night... sorta- there was a clock that went off EVERY hour... and since I've been having a hard time sleeping lately anyway, it definitely woke me up every hour.





























The missionaries came over for breakfast and we enjoyed a yummy Christmas breakfast with the missionaries and families... then we opened presents, sang more songs, laughed more and took more pictures.

Finally, Jeff and I left and went by my parents house briefly- to wish everyone there a merry Christmas. Then we hurried home, where I made a hashbrown casserole for Christmas dinner at my aunts house and Jeff and I exchanged gifts with each other. Funny thing- Jeff and I gave each other one of the same gifts- Five Crowns- my new favorite game! We got to my aunts and had a wonderful dinner, opened presents, and took pictures and just enjoyed the company of all those that were there.














Lastly, Jeff and I went to see my mom and then finally, we went home, packed up and headed over to some friends house that we're house sitting for (though I'd gone over a couple of times during the week, that was the first time we stayed the night). We enjoyed the snow, watched a movie and went to bed. The next morning, since church was canceled because of the snow, we just played games and ate a lunch that we packed and headed home about dinner time.

2 comments:

  1. So, this is not what I envisioned this post to look like... but this is how it came out for some weird reason... one of these days, I really am going to get better at posting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pics right--lol. Sounds like a great Christmas;had fun when y'all came and visited, we'll have to do it again sometime:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete