Saturday, January 7, 2012

6 months!!!

I've been meaning to write this for the past week or so, but I've just been so busy! It's hard being a working mommy and finding time for all of the things that I want to do.


Anyway, Caleb turned 6 months old on Christmas! It's been amazing to watch him grow and learn these past six months. It's fascinating to me how quickly they grow and learn. I am constantly amazed by Caleb and all that he has learned to do. His personality is really starting to shine through, too.

He had his 6 month check-up last Friday. Here are his stats: head circumference: 17- 40th percentile; weight: 19 lbs 14 oz.- 80-85 percentile; length- 27 inches- 75 percentile. He continues to grow well. The pediatrician visit went well. Jeff got to go with us, which was nice. Caleb was so active and just couldn't sit still. He was also vocalizing a lot. I had to sit him down and so the doctor saw how well he sat up and Caleb rolled over for him with ease. The doctor said that his growth and development were off the charts and that his motor development was way advanced and that we'd have to look out for him when he started walking. He kept calling him "Wild Man" and said that was going be his nickname for him.

So this past month, I did a poster session at school- my final shebang before I could graduate and Jeff and Caleb attended- Caleb stole the show for a few minutes. And then, as you know, I graduated. I also had two weeks off from work for Christmas and it was fabulous!!! The week before Christmas, Caleb and I kept really busy. We visited with some friends and family, went shopping, cleaned the house, baked goodies, slept in (until about 7:45), cuddled lots, laughed, read stories. It was really wonderful to get to spend so much time with my boy. And then on Christmas, he turned 6 months old.... you can read about his first Christmas in the previous post.

This past month, Caleb has mastered sitting up- though is still unable to get to a seated position on his own. He can get from a seated position with some prompting though. He also learned how to army crawl on Christmas day- his half-birthday. I was just so proud of him and thought it was awesome. I even got a video of it. :)

He gets up on his hands and knees on his own and rocks- I have a feeling crawling will come soon. He has become very vocal lately- not really saying consonant sounds exactly, but he squeals in delight a lot and does this weird excited grunting noise. I think it's super cute. He continues to hum/sing/grunt himself to sleep.... it's so sweet (though it can be loud sometimes, especially if it happens in the middle of sacrament meeting). He still doesn't sleep through the night. We were getting about 3 or 4 hours at a time though (this past week, has been different- but hopefully, we'll go back to that soon), which is nice. I'm hoping things will start changing and he'll get more sleep at a time soon. He loves playing peek-a-boo!!! He continues to just love music and the outdoors. He's a sweet boy and has definitely won my heart from the day he was born. I just love my little man and feel so blessed to have him as a part of my life.

Now for the pictures-



4 hours after Caleb was born- getting ready to leave the birthing center.


Daddy and 4 hour-old Caleb.
Just minutes old.

At my graduation with Jeff's mom.

He's teething and drooling- so there's often drool running down his cheek.
I just like his expression in this one.

Waiting to see Santa and sooo sleepy.

He sticks his tongue out now ALL of the time!! So cute!

I could just eat him up... (notice the tongue).
He really loves standing- and standing by a window is a real plus. 

I'm not sure what has him so intrigued here, but I love it.
Loves to look outside. 


He loves to play with faces.... such a sweet boy.


There's that tongue again.







He really has such a sweet face.




No comments:

Post a Comment