Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One More Month!

I have exactly one more month until I am no longer working at the Faison School for Autism. It really is bitter-sweet. I will miss my students terribly. I love the people that I work with and I have learned so much just by working there. I have been there for 4 years. However, I am so excited to get to be home with my baby and work on other goals of mine. Up to this point, I have been pretty lucky. I did miss Caleb's first laugh (but I like to say that when I first heard him laugh was still a first- and it's the most beautiful sound in the world, for sure!), but I saw the first time he rolled over from his tummy to his back and then his back to his tummy. I was there for the first time that he army crawled and I saw the first time that he sat up on his own. So luckily, I haven't missed too many firsts- but I am still missing things, the little every day moments. And I miss him so much while I'm working. I want to be the one that takes care of him, though I must say we have also really been blessed by my in-laws and their willingness and able-ness to take care of him while we're working. They've done a wonderful job and we really, really appreciate them. I am so looking forward to teaching him and doing things with him. Right now, I spend too long in the car.  A lot of times, by the time we get home from work and from picking him up, it's 6:30 or 7 by the time we get home. That's so late and then it doesn't leave much time to play with him before starting to get ready for bed and it certainly doesn't leave much time for anything else. So, I am looking forward to having time to clean my home, learn how to sew, read more, play with my baby boy, teach him, learn how to play the flute, play with Caleb, go for walks, enjoy the outside, write, play with my chunkster, and so much more. It's going to be awesome!!! I'm sure it will come with its own stresses and I am sure I'm still not always going to get everything done that I desire, but none of that really matters so much.

Just one more month!! I can't wait! :)

Yay! We're excited to play! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment