Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Friday night, Jeff, Caleb and I went camping in Jeff's parent's yard. We set up our tent, while Evan, Jeff's brother cut up some wood and started a fire for us. Then we enjoyed some yummy S'mores. I borrowed a friend's idea to make S'mores with reese's peanut butter cups. It was delicious. We also had the traditional kind. We chatted with Jeff's parents for awhile and then headed off to bed.

Caleb woke up every two hours unfortunately- but in his defense, he didn't really nap that day much and he went to bed too late, so I'm sure that contributed. Not to mention that he may have been cold the first time he woke up and we were sleeping somewhere completely different than what he was used to. As is typical though, he woke up in a good mood in the morning.

The next morning, Jeff parent's made us breakfast and we had more s'mores. Mmm. :)
We hung out at his parents' house. Jeff helped with some yardwork as part of his Mother's day gift to his mom. We put Caleb in a baby pool, which it took some warming up to, but then he really seemed to enjoy it.

When we left his parents' house, after dinner, we headed to my mom's house. We chatted with her for a while while Caleb napped in the car and we enjoyed the some fresh air. Caleb woke up and we let him play a little. Then I nursed him, fed him some dinner and then we headed home. We didn't get home until just after 9. Caleb was asleep, so I put him in his bed, but he woke up just 30 minutes later.  He slept okay that night, but not fabulous, you know.

Sunday, Jeff made me oatmeal for breakfast...mmm. :) He asked what I wanted for breakfast and said I could have whatever I wanted- as long as it was cereal. He was kidding, of course, but I still chose oatmeal.

He gave me a wonderful card that he and Caleb made for me. I absolutely loved it. It had paper that Caleb happily tore for me and a few scribbles and even artwork from Jeff. He also gave me a self-inflating pad for camping and a little dome tent for Caleb for when we go to the beach. I had mentioned before that I wanted a little tent for Caleb for when we go to beach, so that's exciting. He said it was for making memories.

We had a wonderful time in church. The talks really were fabulous. In Relief Society, we did something completely different this year. When I walked in, I was very confused- the chairs were grouped in 4 or 5 around the room in semicircles. There was a buffet of yummy treats in front of the room. We had an opening prayer, song and announcements and then were told to enjoy the treats and mingle with the sisters. It was really nice.

After church, we headed to my grandmother's for a bbq dinner with family. My mom, Ashley and her girls, Kayla, my aunt Susan and her family, Veronica, Lisa and two of Courtney's boys, and Andy's kids were all there. It was a beautiful day, delicious food and wonderful company. It was a great way to end a fabulous weekend.

Here are some pictures from our weekend:


Look at my cute husband.

My mother in-law helping with the fire.

I love my family!

Roasting marshmallows is serious business.




Awww.... how sweet!


Caleb loves looking at the leaves blow in the wind. 

Checking out that fire. 



Escaping the tent.

Just loving life!

Pool time!




Daddy makes everything fun!



My baby boy and me on Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to celebrate! Happy belated mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture of you and Caleb... so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete