Saturday, May 5, 2012

Beautiful, Beautiful Sleep

Thursday night, after completing our bedtime routine, I put Caleb into bed at around 7. He didn't fall asleep until 7:30. He just played in his crib for a little while- but no crying. He slept for about 5 hours. He woke up and I nursed him around 12:30. Then we just lay in bed listening to the thunder storm. It was a beautiful moment. Jeff and I talked, while Caleb and I cuddled and we all enjoyed the storm. It really was so relaxing and calm and perfect. After the storm calmed down, we put him in his crib and he went right to sleep and slept for a little over 5 hours. He woke up right at 6:50.

Last night, okay, I'll just say it! Caleb slept all night long!!!! He went to bed at around 7:15, but he didn't fall asleep until around 8. Again, no crying, just playing in his crib and talking to himself. Then he woke up this morning right at 6. I nursed him and we both took a little catnap until 7. Aahh, Glorious Sleep, how I love thee!! Jeff and I woke up around 4 and I went in and checked on him, placing my hand ever so gently on his back to make sure he was breathing- and he was, of course. I was a little sad that he didn't need me to nurse him in the middle of the night, but we still had our morning cuddle time and that was nice.

Anyway, I love my little family. Time to enjoy my Saturday!!! :)


This is how I am feeling today!

Photo from http://cloudking.com/artists/akif-hakan-celebi/among-simple-friendly-joyous-people.php


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! It's always a great feeling when they sleep all night for the first time. It scared me the first time, too, though. But you'll adjust to that beautiful, beautiful sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad he's finally sleeping so YOU can sleep too!

    ReplyDelete