Monday, April 29, 2013

22 Months

Caleb turned 22 months a couple of days ago. Things have been kind of busy lately as I am trying to learn all that I can about photography. I recently got a new camera and lens and I'm super excited to learn more and more- so I've been trying to soak up as much as I can in as many forums as I can, while still maintaining my responsibilities as a wife and mother- which mostly means that I've been staying up late at night reading and practicing... but this post isn't really about me, is it? It is about the C-man. 

Let's see, there really isn't much that happened this past month that I didn't already blog about. 

I'm not sure how much he weighs or how tall he is right now, but I am thinking that he recently had a little bit of a growth spurt because he's fitting into some of his clothes better. 

Caleb got his first haircut this past month. He did a GREAT job while the stylist cut his hair. Now he looks like a little boy. It took some getting used to, but I'm loving it now and I think he likes it better, too... it definitely knots up less in the back now. 

He talks all of the time now and repeats everything, and I mean everything. It's so fun! He really is learning a ton. He still uses mostly one-word phrases, but sometimes two words. The other day, we came home and Jeff was already home so when he got home, he said, "Hi Daddy!" It was the first time he independently said that. Too cute! 

He is labeling things in books all of the time now. He loves to read books and will sit there and "read" to himself. He will ask Jeff or me to read to him and he'll label what he sees. 

He's learning colors. He likes to name colors, though he's not always correct. He gets "green" and "blue" right a lot. 

He is awesome at singing and can sing several songs including: Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I've Been Working on the Railroad, You are my Sunshine, Amazing Grace, When I am Baptized, ABCs, and Overture/Work Song from Les Miserables. It's pretty much adorable listening to him sing along. One night, I was singing "You are My Sunshine" and he just started singing along and then I realized that he knew a lot more songs. I think he's gonna be an awesome singer. 

Caleb likes to point to things around the house and name them. When he learns/hears a new word, he likes to say it over and over again. 

When he does something that he thinks is awesome, he wants to make sure you see it. So he'll call my name and then do what he wanted to do. Like, he'll get my attention before covering his mouth when he coughs or before kissing Adelaide on the head.

He only uses the "please" sign anymore. 

He's super excited that the weather has been warmer and loves to ask to go for walks. 

He knows lots of animal sounds: cat, dog, horse, cow, rooster, frog, owl.
He can label animals: cat, dog, mouse, horse, cow, sheep, fish, horse, owl.

He labels (and asks for) common items/people/body parts: t.v., computer, phone, chair, swing, door, sofa, book, ball, wagon, vacuum, Jesus, mouth, nose, eye, ear, knee, toes, hand, car, truck, bus, cookie, orange, banana, apple, potato, shoes, pacifier, peas, oatmeal, potty, bathroom, shower, outside, green beans, applesauce, apple juice, nem (milk), fork,  etc. (though admittedly, unfamiliar people may not be able to recognize all of these words).

He can label his aunts and uncles when looking at pictures of them (on both sides of the family). 

If he sees something that belongs to Jeff or me, he will point to it and say, "Daddy's" or "Mommy's". 

He loves his friends and his cousins and loves playing with them. 

I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but if you can get him to "take a deep breath" when he's upset, he'll calm right down. 

He is so sweet and has been super, super affectionate lately, giving lots of unsolicited, but very welcome hugs and kisses. He loves to read to Adelaide and give her kisses. 

Life is pretty good these days. Caleb is an awesome boy, just growing and learning so much all of the time. He's such a fun and delightful toddler. We just love him to pieces. 



















I love his giggle fits.


Playing ball with his friend Tabetha.

Sometimes life is just so tiring. 
I love it when they talk to each other and Adelaide smiles at her big brother.
He's always trying to give her her pacifier even when she doesn't want it.
Pinching her cheeks, maybe?
Napping with his cousin. 

First haircut in a salon. 2nd haircut ever.







Wearing the same outfit that his daddy wore when he was a toddler.





Wearing another same outfit that his daddy wore.








1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love all the pictures. I hope your kiddos enjoy the process as much as you do. My kids not so much. Lol. I love Caleb's new hair cut! Very cute! I'm so excited for you and your picture ventures!

    ReplyDelete