Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Little O is 4 months old!

Oliver is a growing boy! At his four month check up, the doctor could hardly believe how big he has gotten. He said he's doing really well, though. At his 4 month check-up, he weighed in at 18lbs. 7oz. (95th percentile) and was 26.5 inches long (96th percentile). His head was 17 inches (91st percentile). Overall, he is just doing fabulous. He "talks" and squeals. He rolls easily from his back to his tummy, but has only gone from his tummy to his back twice. He has pretty good core strength and can sit up really well with support. He tries to sit up when he is at an incline laying down. He puts everything he can in his mouth. He still really loves to chew on blankets.

Oliver is the best sleeper out of all of the my kiddos so far. He will sleep through most of the night. For example, last night, he slept from about 8:20 until 5:30 this morning. Pretty amazing. He slept for the first couple of hours in my arms, until Jeff put him in his bed. I've started putting him in his own bed for sleep and he's been sleeping great. When he wakes up, I move him to my bed where he will sleep the rest of the time. One of my favorite things is waking up to him smiling at me. A lot of times, he'll wake up in the morning for just a few minutes, then he'll nurse and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. He also takes a pretty good long nap during the day and a couple of really short naps.

He loves to be read to, talked to and sung to. Adelaide sings, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" to him often and usually if he's upset about something. Caleb "reads" to him a lot. It's precious.

He enjoys being outside, but doesn't like the sun in his eyes and doesn't like it if it is too windy, understandably so.

He loves to dance and loves music. We'll have dance parties and I'll dance with him in my arms and he seems to think it's the greatest thing ever.

He nurses as often as every couple of hours, but will sometimes go for 4 or 5 hours before feeding again.

He really is very sociable and if you just look at him and smile, he'll smile back.

He does not like a dirty diaper, who would? So I can usually tell when he has one because he gets pretty loud about it (not crying, but sort of yelling).

He's pretty good at getting his head super high. He's got some great yoga poses down already. And he does great little push-ups and tries to get on his knees. His doctor commented that it looks like he's already trying to figure out how to crawl.

He is really good at working himself around in a circle or scooting himself half-way across the floor on his belly.

He is a pretty chill baby and is super sweet.

It's amazing to me that he still amazes me, even though I've already gone through this twice. I love it, I love him and I love the baby stage.

Now for some photos:



First time in the bumbo.

First time at the river- he slept the entire walk there and the entire time we were there. :) 
Oliver and me, picture by Caleb.  :)

First time at the park (wearing the same outfit Caleb wore to his first time at the park). 


First time in the swing. 






Mother's Day 2015

My sister's wedding ceremony. :)






Each month, I try and get a photo of these three toght
It's not always easy. 
But sometimes, we can get one. :)

For some reason, this is how he used to like to sleep. He has always preferred to sleep on his belly. f
Oliver did his first 5K for Team You, Me and Lil' D for the Autism 5K. :)



I just love these three!
After our walk. 

Refueling.
Oliver and his strawberry.


She's gonna make a great big sister. She loved hugging on that baby. 

After strawberry picking. :)


















Four Months Old:
First time at the beach.
All three of these kiddos loved the sand. 
Love these three. 

First time in the jumper. :)



Somehow, I accidentally deleted the 4 month photos of Oliver. So, these are screenshots of the photos on my computer- no editing or anything. I'm so sad that I deleted them from my card (which means I don't have high quality images and that they are uneditable and that these are all I have, but at least I have these.)

Also, the ones above, on the blue blanket were just a couple of days before he turned 4 months old. 

Also, this must have been when he first started teething. Haha. :) 


4 month sibling photo… haha

Glad they are all looking at the camera. I just LOVE these three. Also, I didn't notice until later that the older two are wearing the same shirt that they did for the 3 month sibling photo. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment