Saturday, July 23, 2011

4 Weeks!


Four weeks ago today, I was just getting home from having a little baby boy at the birthing center- only four hours after I had him. I can't believe it's been four weeks already. It is crazy how fast these four weeks have gone, how much I have loved, learned and enjoyed this time. Though my body is forever changed, I am sleep-deprived, and don't get to shower every day, I am still in awe at the little wonder. I still have to pinch myself sometimes when I look at my little boy- because sometimes, I still think it must be a dream (the best dream). These last four weeks, I have learned so much about my little fella. He has grown so much and we've grown a lot together- from those first few scary days and nights when he wasn't eating and seemed to be gagging himself and would stop breathing, when he was losing weight and having a hard time nursing, to now- where he has gained plenty of weight (he was 10 ounces more than his birth weight at 2.5 weeks), tummy time is a daily occurrence, he sleeps on best on his side or tummy, loves sleeping on my chest.

Here are some things about my little guy:

* He smiles every single day. I love it! And I hope it never changes.

Just one day old.


One week old.



Two weeks old (possibly one of my most favorite pictures ever).

3 weeks old.

* He has curly hair and I love it! It has already grown in his four short weeks. The longer it gets, the curlier it looks.


Jeff thought it would be a great idea to brush his hair out.


His curly hair after a bath.

I just love his hair!

*He had his first real bath about a week ago. He liked it at first, but then was ready to be done with it.





*He tolerates Tummy Time pretty well... and can really get his head up.




Just look at how he holds that head up. :)

* He has a tight frenulum (he's tongue-tied).
Not happy- but I wanted to get a picture of his tongue. (1 week old).

*He LOVES being outside- too bad it's so hot these days!


Sunday afternoon walk- 8 days old.


Sunday afternoon walk- 8 days old.

Getting some sunshine- today- 4 weeks old.


Watching his mommy take a picture.

*He loves music. He will usually stop fussing (not that he fusses very often) if we sing to him. He especially loves "Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin. He will watch me as I sing to him. It's so precious that often it makes my eyes tear up.


Content- listening to me sing.

Me and my sweet boy.

* When sleeping and when we let him sleep on his tummy (usually just during nap time), he likes to curl his legs under him.

He's got some wild morning hair.

*He still sleeps a lot, but he's also awake more often as well, which is fun.

*He makes so many funny noises. It's almost like living in a zoo- he sometimes sounds like a horse, baby goat, sheep, cat and more.

*Lately, he's been having a hard time dealing with his gas. He is also restless when he's sleeping, but hopefully that will all change soon.

He's absolutely precious and we love having him as part of our family. He is loved by so many. Everyone who meets him comments on how sweet he is and he is. He seems to have such a sweet demeanor. We just adore him.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE all the pics and updates! You already know that I adore that little guy...so precious! Glad that Motherhood suits you so well-it doesn't seem like a transition at all for you...just who you are and are meant to be! :)

    ReplyDelete