Sunday, July 31, 2011

Family Visiting and Baby Blessing


This past week, my aunt and her family have been visiting from Colorado. It has been fun visiting with them and getting to know my cousin's personalities again (because they live so far away, the last time I saw them was 5 years ago). They have five children ranging in ages from 6 to 16 (2 girls and 3 boys). We've had fun having dinners, pool parties, singing contests and just chatting. I loved gathering together with family and hearing stories from my mom and her sisters' childhoods. It's been fun laughing at old memories while making new memories. DeJay, my aunt Melissa's husband, didn't know he was going to be able to make it, but he did! He came on Friday and I am so glad that he was able to come for the baby blessing!!

The baby blessing was fabulous and we had quite a turn-out. Lots of people came to support us and Caleb as he received his blessing. Caleb was dressed all in white. Jeff held him as he blessed him, while Barry (my father), Papa Ray (my grandfather), Bob (Jeff's father), Delbert (Jeff's grandfather), Evan (Jeff's brother), Jason (Jeff's brother-in law), and our Bishop (Sorensen) stood in a circle to participate in the blessing (while Ashur, my cousin, held the microphone). Caleb was perfectly quiet during the blessing, which was a blessing in itself. Before Jeff even began, he started getting emotional. It truly was beautiful and I feel so blessed to know that so many people love him already and that we are so well supported as a family.

The picture below shows most of those that were able to attend, but we had other family members and friends that were able to come just for the sacrament portion and then had to leave for various reasons. I am so glad that they were able to come as well.




Jeff, Caleb and me after the blessing at home. :)

Caleb before leaving for church.

After church, we had lunch at my house with family. I loved being gathered together as a family. I love having my family around me. My aunt Susan prepared a lunch of taco fixings, 7 layer dip and cupcakes. It was definitely a full house (especially considering the size of our home), and was worth the clean-up afterwards. I don't think this day could have gone any better. It was perfect!! I am so grateful for my family and friends and for my husband who holds the priesthood. I am grateful that he was able to bless our little baby boy. I am grateful for the new addition that we have in our family and that he is such a joy and so well-loved by all. Basically, I am grateful for my life right now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats! Wish we could have been there. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a special day! Baby blessings are so precious. I hope you recorded it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so happy to be there today! Congrats to the three of you! :)

    ReplyDelete