Saturday, August 27, 2011

2 Months!!



I've been wanting to write this blog post for a couple of days now, but the cord for my computer stopped working so I was unable to charge my dead computer. Finally, Jeff went and got a new cord yesterday (it was still under warranty, so luckily the new cord didn't cost anything but the old cord.)

Anyway, my baby boy is now two months old!! I can't even believe it. Time sure has flown. In some ways, I can't believe it's already been two months (he turned two months on the 25th and he's 9 weeks today). But in other ways, it seems like he's been with us forever. I love my little man.

At two months, my sweet boy:

* smiles more and tries to talk more (though we still don't get a lot of "conversation" from him. Maybe he just takes after his daddy.)

*He likes hand games like "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Pattycake", and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and* Toes".

*He makes good eye contact when we are talking to him.

*The little fella can really hold his head up now.

*He's got great head control and can turn his head with greater ease during "tummy time".

*He continues to enjoy sleeping on his tummy.

*He loves the sound of the vacuum cleaner and rain (he's currently sleeping in his moses basket by the front window which is opened so he can enjoy the rain.)

*He is gaining greater control over his muscles.

*He can roll over from his tummy to his back.

*He loves to look at lights still.

*He enjoys going for rides in the car.

*He will take naps in his crib/moses basket/pallet on the floor, baby rocker, etc now (as opposed to only sleeping in my arms.

*He's become more independent. It's been neat to watch his personality take shape and watch him make choices by facial expressions, turning his head, etc.

*He loves music.... the kid needs his own IPod :)

*He is a healthy 13 lbs even and 23 1/4 inches long.

*He does still have problems with reflux unfortunately and is on new medication for it... we just started it yesterday and had one of the worst nights yet... instead of just grunting and groaning, my poor boy spent his early morning hours thrashing about and occasionally letting out a scream or two. It was heartbreaking and exhausting. (Maybe he has bad dreams or something?) I'm also trying to restrict my diet more and see if that helps... something's gotta help the poor kid... maybe time is all we need. Maybe, hopefully, he'll outgrow this soon.

We just love our boy and are thrilled to have him as part of our family.


P.S. At just two months, he has experienced his first earthquake (5.8 on Tuesday) and now is experiencing his first hurricane (Irene happening now).

Now for the good stuff! :)


My sleepy boy taking a nap on his tummy (8.5 weeks old).


Taking a nap in his crib for the first time (6.5 weeks).

My boy makes the cutest/funniest faces (5.5 weeks).

I just love this sweet face (8 weeks).



Morning smiles (please forgive the blurriness... 8 weeks).

Enjoying the sound of the rain as he sleeps (today at 9 weeks).


(Watching the rain from the open window- 9 weeks).


Out of order- but this is last Sunday, enjoying his new sunglasses- 8 weeks.


Haha... (last night- just about 9 weeks)
9 weeks.

I'm a little bit obsessed with taking pictures of my wee bit. Hope my readers don't mind me posting so many.

And here's a video of the C-man doing tummy time a couple of days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment