Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Park!

Today was such a beautiful day that I couldn't resist going to the park, especially with all of the rain that we've had these last couple of days (thanks to Lee). Jeff and I are babysitting my three nieces and it just seemed perfect. Jhaelyn and Kyrah came over around noon. Ashley took Miyah to my mom's so that Kayla could watch her because she got sick this morning and vomited a couple of times. Well, I told Kayla that we were going to go to the park so she met us with Miyah, Hannah and Sarah. We played at the park for a couple of hours. It was so much fun letting Caleb experience the slide and the swings. He did such a good job. I was kind of nervous about it because he had such a difficult night. He woke up hourly with screaming fits. He writhed in pain and thrashed about. He nursed very frequently, mostly for comfort. When he did sleep, he kept his back arched and slept on his side. Needless to say, it was a rough night. Then this morning, he woke up for the morning and he was in a great mood. I LOVE it that he can do that. He almost always wakes up in the morning in such a happy mood. He's takes after his dad.

But, soon that good mood was overcome by his discomfort and we had a couple more screaming fits. So sad! So, I was nervous about taking him to the park today. However, I reasoned that he loves it outside and maybe it would be good for him. It proved to be great! He was fabulous the whole time we were at the park. He seemed to enjoy sitting up like a big boy in his bumbo and being held by Jeff and me. He seemed to enjoy the slides and the swings. It was such a great afternoon. Everyone had a blast!! The pictures that I took though, make my sweet little boy look so big. He looks older than he is. Today, he is 11 weeks old. I can't believe that in two weeks (on the 25th) he'll be a whole three months old! My how the time has flown!

Here are some pictures of our adventures today:











After the park, we did some grocery shopping (with everyone). Caleb slept the whole time we shopped. We then headed back home. I nursed my sweet boy while the girls played. Then I made dinner while Jeff did a work-out with the girls (he's doing P90X). Then we all ate dinner and Jeff had dessert with the girls on the kitchen floor. Then he played made-up games, Hide-N-Go Seek, and built a fort with them. He's such a fun uncle and a great dad. :) It's been a great Saturday and I'm definitely ready for a restful Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. He definitely looks quite big! Amazing head support for that age! Sorry about the bad night. I remember them well. Does he usually wake up that often? He could have had a stomach bug or something... Hope he feels better and you get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! He's getting chubby, I love it!! (I mean that in the best way possible) I'm glad you got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pictures of him in the swing!! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete