Sunday, September 25, 2011

First belly laugh

So last weekend, was a busy one. Remember how I wrote about how fussy he was on Sunday (in my last post) and the hard time I was having... if you read it, how could you forget. : /

Well, anyway, last Saturday, we were at Jeff's parents' house for a Henshaw family reunion. It was rather small- we really have to figure out how to increase the numbers. Anyway, I did enjoy hearing stories from older members of the family. But that's not really what this post is about. Later that afternoon, I was holding Wee One and talking to one of Jeff's distant cousins when I lay him on the sofa in front of me. I started patting his belly and talking to him and he let out the biggest belly laugh! It was wonderful! Jeff's mom had told me that just the day before he laughed for her, but we had yet to see it. I literally teared up when he laughed... and he just kept laughing. I was sitting right in front of the window, so I scrambled to get it open and called for Jeff ("Jeff!! Come quick!!") who was playing volleyball with his family. He ran into the house like there was no tomorrow (and the ball was coming towards him and hit the ground...oops) and was able to also witness the laugh. I so wish I had gotten it on camera. It was so beautiful!! I loved it!

He has since laughed for us, but that was by far the best laugh! I have got to keep my camera close by so that I can get it on video camera (I do have him laughing in his sleep on camera, which is cute too, but not the same). Anyway, it was one of my most favorite moments (he was exactly 12 weeks old, by the way).

I also love when he smiles... sometimes he gives these half smiles, sometimes they are open-mouthed wide smiles, sometimes he gives a toothless grin... they are all just too adorable. I love my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment