Friday, April 27, 2012

10 Months!!

My baby boy is starting to slowly leave babyhood and turn into a toddler. It just seems to be happening all too fast. He turned 10 months old on Wednesday. How did we get here. In just 2 months, he'll be a whole year. Today, I was watching the news- which I hardly ever do and it mentioned that it's been a year since the Royal Wedding and since Osama Bin Laden was killed. I can't believe those things were just a year ago. The same way I can't believe my baby boy is ten months old already. And yet, it feels like he's been with us forever.

This month has been exciting with learning new skills and visiting friends and going on trips.  I have now been home with Caleb full time for 2 whole months. I am loving that I get to be home with him. It truly is a blessing. Caleb is such a wonderful boy. He is so full of energy and loves to be outside and explore new places and he is soooo cuddly and such a mama's boy which I love (and I think he knows it). I just love him so much!

Here are some pictures from this month:
At the beginning of the month, he gained confidence with standing.

Playing with colored water during one of our "Exploration" times. 




My happy boy.

When I need to get chores done, this is what he does- He grabs onto my pants legs and walks around with me. It's super cute!


First Easter egg hunt- please excuse the coloring- I didn't have the settings right. Oops.






Duck Love.

Doggy kisses.

Baby goose kisses.

First time to the beach.

At the glass shop- see previous post. (Caleb also thought he was interesting.)

Though he doesn't sleep well at night, he sleeps well in the car. 

Visiting Maggie and Ben.

We decided to let Caleb try some sour powder (from some gum). 

Going in for his first taste.



Haha!



Just look at that sour face (P.S. I need to learn how to do like a little collage or something then I could post less pictures).


Caleb likes to stick his tongue out like this. 

By the end of the month, he has learned to stand on his own!

He kept pushing this old statistics CD around and looking at me through it. So funny!!



He started trying to take his shirts off.


I don't have a picture of it, but he only managed to get one arm out. Sorry for the blurriness.

This is probably one of my favorite pictures from the month.

This one's pretty cute, too. 

Caleb has started to enjoy books so much more lately. He loves being read to and will just sit and listen and look at the pages while you read. 


Still one of his favorite things to do. 




I just love this face!

Just took this picture to show how light his hair as gotten. 


Mr. Bright Eyes!
 This next series of photos is from his actually 10 month birthday... I kept trying to get him to look at the camera. He was just too interested in what was going on around him.











This month:

- Caleb has gained an increased interest in books. 
- Has grown two teeth (actually one right before 9 months and one right after he turned nine months).
- Is growing a third tooth on top.
- Has learned to stand on his own.
- Has taken his first step (He's currently up to five consecutive steps).
- Has taken his first vacation (to Massachusetts).
- Celebrated his first Easter.
- Crawls super fast now!
- Loves to explore new spaces.
- Dances.
- Started playing "peek-a boo". 
- Understands simple commands, such as "Stop" and "Come here", and "Eat". 
- Jeff is convinced that he says "dada" and means it. 
- He does babble a lot and his newest sounds is "Eeee!". 
- He understands counting.
- He plays, "I'm gonna get you" and will crawl away from you while you crawl after him. 
- He tries to drink the bath water when taking a bath. 


According to our at-home measurements, Caleb is still 28 inches long and weighs 22.6 lbs. (Which means if it is accurate, he has not grown since his 9 month appointment). 

He is just as sweet as ever and we absolutely love him. 

4 comments:

  1. He's gotten so big! Did all those things really happen a year ago? Geez, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures, especially the sour face ones! He sounds like he's doing fabulous! Don't shrink your pictures. I like them big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is so precious! i can't believe he's already 10 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family! I love reading your blog. Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete