Monday, April 30, 2012

Night 2

Last night, after completing our bedtime routine, I rocked Caleb until he was able to wind down. For some reason, it took him awhile to wind down, but when he did, he sat calmly in my arms and started humming along with me. I then put him in his crib and he went to sleep. He slept for an hour. We let him cry for 25 minutes. It was an agonizing 25 minutes. Jeff then went in and rocked him and cuddled him and loved him. He put him back in the bed. As Jeff was closing the door, Caleb started to cry a bit but stopped before it had been three minutes. For the next twenty minutes, he would sort of whimper/cry every couple of minutes or so for about a minute. Finally, he was quiet.

He slept for three hours. He then woke up again, Jeff brought him in bed with us and I nursed him. He slept for an hour again and then woke up crying. We decided that it would be best to put him in his own bed, which we did. Jeff held him for a little while to calm him before placing him in his bed. He turned his sleep sheep on and then Jeff left the room. He cried for less than two minutes before he fell asleep. He then slept for four hours.

So, overall last night, Caleb cried far less than he did the night before. It was still heartbreaking to listen to him cry and I kept wanting to run in there to rescue him, but Jeff reminded me that this would be good for him. I still did not feel well last night. In fact, I slept horribly, even though he slept better. I was so afraid that I wouldn't hear him cry if he woke up. And I guess I just had so much on my mind, I don't know. I was also really uncomfortable with muscle aches and a terrible headache, so I am grateful to Jeff for his patience with me and Caleb and for taking care of both of us.

Hopefully, tonight will be even better and there will be even less crying. Thanks for praying for us, they have definitely been counted along side our own prayers and we recognize the blessings that come from them. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yea! When I have kids I'm totally going to ask for your advice... it looks like things are working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took Joseph 3 nights of crying, and then he miraculously started sleeping through the night. I hope that things work out just as well for you. Good luck!!! It is hard to be a parent, and to do what is best for your children, even though it is not what they want. I have learned a lot about life, and Heavenly Father, by being a mother to my own children. You are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete