Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ultrasound day!

Today we went in for an ultrasound. First, let me tell you, I had the hardest time sleeping last night. I kept thinking of all of the things that could happen at the ultrasound. I slept so lightly that I heard every noise- Caleb woke up 8 times last night. Sometimes it was just a little cry out and he'd be back to sleep, sometimes he'd cry for a couple of minutes. We only got him one time though, but I just kept hearing him and well, this morning because of all of that, as excited as I was, I had such a hard time getting up. Anyway, Jeff noticed this morning that Caleb is growing a couple of new teeth and they are trying to poke through- so I guess that's why Caleb was waking up so much.

Anyway, all of that is really beside the point. Today we got to see our little bean... our little jumping bean is so active! :) I first started feeling the baby move right at 18 weeks and now I feel this little baby move all of the time and it's such a wonderful feeling. Sometimes, I feel kicks and punches, other times it feels as if the baby is doing flips in there.

The ultrasound tech was fabulous! This was so much better than we went in for Caleb's 20 week ultrasound. She went over everything she was seeing and explained everything (in factual terms as she could not tell us if anything was bad or good). It was so thorough. It was just awesome. Baby's heartrate was 141- good. :) And the baby currently weighs 13oz. I can tell that the baby has a smaller face than Caleb's was. Caleb had such big cheek in his ultrasound pictures, but this one doesn't. The baby is beautiful from what I can tell.

We didn't, well, too be more accurate, I didn't want to know the sex of the baby. Jeff did. She didn't tell us to look away and to be fair, Caleb was a bit fussy and so we were both distracted somewhat, but Jeff did a great job trying to calm him (and he was definitely more distracted than I was while dealing with Caleb), and we didn't notice anything. Jeff kept hoping she would slip up and say "he" or "she" , but she didn't . I think we're having a girl- Jeff thinks we're having a boy. We'll see who wins on D-day! :)

She said that the baby measures 13 oz. and a due date of Feb. 5- 4 days after my original due date. Obviously they are not going to change my due date (which for the record, I think is wrong anyway- at the latest I think it's Jan. 29th), but still. There was another lady there, due later than I am and she is bigger than I am, though this is her third pregnancy. Anyway, so I am measuring slightly small, but nothing to be worried about. Today I am 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I finally took some pregnancy pictures. :)

20w5d pregnant

20w5d pregnat
See, smaller face than Caleb's for sure! (See Caleb's face here)
Best profile we could get. 
Since she was having a hard time getting a good shot of Baby's face, she took out the 3D scan. We didn't do that with Caleb, but it is seriously the coolest thing! It was so cool to see that baby with so much more detail.
Isn't that such a cute face?!


Oh my goodness!! My sweet baby! 

 Oh, and the baby looks healthy! Excellent appointment! By the way, this pregnancy is a bit different from Calebs. I know, I know, they are all different. But, I am definitely more tired this time around. I don't have morning sickness, but I have felt nauseaous a couple of times. I don't have any food aversions, which is great. My sense of smell has increased by 20 times. I am a very light sleeper most of the time and don't sleep well. I also have crazy dreams (I also did with Caleb). Anyway, the pregnancy is going really well and I feel so blessed to be able to have another sweet baby join or family. Caleb is going to be a great big brother! :)


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe the self control that you have! I wanted to know right away with all of mine. :) Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad everything is going well! I love that you didn't find out what you're having! We've done that with all of ours and let me just say, there has been an extra excitement on D-day. SO FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm going to guess you're having a girl too! I think the baby has your nose, at least that's the way it looks in the ultrasound pictures. Excited all is going well with the pregnancy. You look absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! And it's funny you say the baby has my nose, Renae, because that was one of the first things Jeff said when we saw the 3D pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little man is so adorable! I can't wait to see what your second baby looks like! Lol! I just had a total brain cramp. I must have read this post already but completely forgot about it. Lol!

    ReplyDelete