Thursday, September 27, 2012

15 Months!!

How did we even get to this point? For whatever reason, 15 months seems like so much older than 14 months and certainly so much older than 12 months. I can't believe my boy has gotten so big. (But he's still my little baby).

So this month, I feel like Caleb has really learned a lot and it's been so cool to watch him grow and develop. He is such a fun boy and we really have a blast with each other. He has learned exactly which buttons to press and he knows when he's being cute. He also knows when he's in trouble for something and will sometimes try to get out of it by giving me a slick smile. So stinkin' cute. He really is just such a joy and he's so affectionate towards his mama. :)

This month, Caleb has had several doctor appointments which were documented in earlier blogs. The good news is that nothing came of any of them. He just has a mild allergy to raspberries and some environmental allergies. Nothing showed up on the EEG that we did earlier this month, which was expected but welcome news.

We've had some fun doing some fun activities. We've enjoyed time at the library, Children's museum (we got a membership this month), visiting new babies, meeting a great-aunt and uncle (Kathy and Erick) and attending Uncle Evan's wedding. We had a cook-out with family for Labor day in Powhatan, enjoyed the first time at the beach (right after he turned 14 months old- very end of August), and had our 20 week ultra-sound. This month has been full and awesome. :)

Now for some pictures:

Falling asleep while continuing to eat.


Riding his horse.

Sick boy... he e was fussy and Jeff put this on his head. He immediately calmed down. He lay there awake but then fell asleep. He did this three times and each time, it worked. Interesting calming method. :)

For some reason, Caleb thought it was so fun/funny to walk around pulling this phone charger. 


I really think he looks like a baby Chris Farley here. He doesn't look like himself. 

Funny face.

Fine motor activity- putting sea creatures into an empty wipes container. 


He really liked this activity.

Ready for a walk on a chilly morning. 

Playing with cloud dough... when I first made it for him, he gently touched the stuff  then stood up and walked around the bowl a couple of times before deciding to sit down and play. Once he did, he loved it. 



He kept taking pieces and sticking it on either the rim or the lip of the bowl. 

I was trying to clean the floor so I asked Caleb to sit in this chair. He did well for awhile, but then kept dropping things on the floor. 

Then he would pretend to cry. 

When I acknowledged his "cry", he'd stop. 

Sometimes he'd laugh.

He dropped a ball I gave him to play with.  If you look closely, you can see his pouty lip. 

Then he points to the ball for me to give it to him. 

Once his beloved ball is back in his hands, he's all smiles (this is his favorite ball, by the way).

On Caleb's 15 month anniversary, he put his hand in this jug and it got stuck. I couldn't help but laugh and had to run and grab my camera. I love his face in this one. 

But I love this one more! "Mom, please, no more pictures. Just help me get my hand out!"  It wasn't that stuck by the way. 


That same morning- just ten minutes earlier actually, Caleb was playing with a lamp by my bedside and pulled the cord. The lamp fell and hit him in the eye. I felt like the worst mother in the world. Poor boy. 


This past month Caleb:

- weighed in (on 9/26/12) at 24lbs 1. oz.
- is 31 inches long (shorty- he's in the 40th percentile for height... I hope he starts growing sometime soon.)
- his head circumference is 18 3/4
- He has learned how to clap on command. Yay!!
- He started pointing and saying "dat" to everything two weeks ago. This is super exciting for me and very helpful- when I don't know what it is that he wants, he will also point and say, "dat". It is really adorable. I spend the day labeling lots of things for him. Also, when he needs help with something, he also says, "dat" at that time and points to whatever it is he needs help with or wants.
- He says "daddy" when his daddy comes home- so it's safe to say that he is actually saying daddy. It's super cute because he gets super excited. This happened for the first time just a couple of days ago (Tuesday night). It was absolutely adorable and there was no way I could deny it. He has yet to call me mama, mommy or anything of the like. One day.
- He LOVES dancing and we love having dance parties together. He will even get upset if I don't dance with him sometimes.
- He pretends to cry, laugh, cough.
- He has an "I need help face" where he scrunches up his nose and kind of whimper- sort of like a dog.
- If he wants something and he fusses and I ask him to ask nicely or say please, he will say, "puduh puduh". Usually, I give in at that point.
- He continues his obsession with bottles- all bottles. Currently, he loves to carry around a cinnamon bottle and a children's tylenol bottle. But he also loves soda bottles, juice bottles, water bottles, etc.
- He is super smart and understands so much. My pediatrician said it's a blessing and a burden.
- He loves to "help" around the house- closes the dishwasher for me, pushes laundry into the dryer and closes it, closes the refrigerator or freezer for me, throws things away, puts away dish towels and sometimes helps with putting his clothes away. He has also helped me with dishes and dinner and he helps to clean up his toys.
- He loves to read and will pick out books for me to read to him.
- He LOVES cats! Every morning, he looks for the cat that is sometimes on our back porch. He gets super excited when he sees him. All animals make the same noise and if you ask, "What does a dog say?" or "What sound does a pig make?" he says, "aaagghh!" Whenever he sees any animal, he makes that same noise and points.
- He still really likes Alex Boye and loves watching his videos (check out this video)- pretty much the only "tv" he watches at this point. He knows nothing of mickey mouse or the Wiggles or anything of the like.
- He plays "hide-n-seek". Jeff or I will hide somewhere in the house and Caleb will go looking for us. It's super cute when he finds us because he gets super excited and says something that sounds like "I did it!" or "Did it!" or something. I suppose he knows what he's saying.
- He's figured out how to ride his horse by bouncing and rocking and loves it.
- He goes to bed super easily now and sleeps through the night on a lot of nights.

I know that's a lot, but I feel like I am missing something. Hopefully not. Anyway, like I said, he's really learned a lot this past month. It's been so exciting to see how he's just flourished. I'm grateful that he is learning how to communicate. He is at such a fun age and it's so fun to watch and learn from him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment