Saturday, October 6, 2012

Some Firsts

I don't really have much to say today- and lately I've been a slacker at taking pictures... but I wanted to write a couple of things so that I didn't forget them.

Today during the first session of General Conference- which was really awesome, by the way- Sweet Bean (that's what I'm calling Calton baby #2 for now) started kicking like crazy (after I ate some hard candy). I put Jeff's hand on my belly and told him he'd probably be able to feel her kick. He didn't feel the first two kicks, but then she kicked a good one and he felt that and the next couple! So today was the first time that he finally felt her move. So exciting. I first felt her move at 18 weeks, but her kicks and movements are definitely getting more and more pronounced.

Also, today, Caleb used a fork for the first time by himself. He insisted that he use the fork by himself. He was able to stab his food, bring it to his mouth and eat. I am so proud of him and he was super proud of himself, too. It was adorable! :)

The past couple of nights, Caleb has been going to bed super easily. It's been great, because I thought we were backsliding a little- since the beginning of this week he'd had such a difficult time going to sleep. But literally both last night and tonight, I just told him it was time for bed and we walked to his room together and when it was time, he'd come to me in his rocking chair and I'd hold him, rock him and sing to him (one of my favorite things ever) and then after a couple of songs, I'd tell him it's time for bed and ask for a kiss. He'd give me one and I'd put him down, cover him up and that was that. Perfect.

Speaking of kisses, he learned this week how to blow kisses. It's the cutest thing ever! Today for the first time, he learned how to blow kisses while saying, "Muah!". I just love it! He's such a sweet boy and learning so much these days. Seriously, it's like he is just learning something new every single day and so quickly. He really is an awesome, awesome boy and I just love him.

Well, that's all for now. I just didn't want to forget these "firsts".

2 comments:

  1. So I noticed you referred to the baby as "her" and "she" in this post. Are you having a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think we're having a girl... but Jeff thinks we're having a boy. I guess we'll see. :) Jeff keeps threatening to call the doctor and find out without me knowing or he'll try to make bets with me and if he wins we have to find out- don't fall for it. :)

    ReplyDelete