Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So Much Learning

So Caleb has learned recently (like this week) how to wave "hi" and "bye"- which looks like his sign for "yes". He has also learned how to sign "more" with a modified sign. He learned to point to body parts, too! The body parts he'll touch are: head, nose (unless he hears toes), mouth, feet, toes. We're still working on others. But I didn't really teach him "feet" and I just asked him the other day where his feet were and he grabbed both of his feet. So cute!

Anyway, it's a quick post, but I just wanted to remember how much he has learned in the last couple of days. He is learning so much all of the time and it's so amazing to me.

Oh, and I got him a potty seat. Now before anyone comments about how he is so young, I just thought we'd try it out. We are not pressuring him into using the bathroom or anything, but sometimes I'll ask if he wants to sit on the potty and he emphatically waves his arm up and down to indicate that he does. Then he takes off into the bathroom and anxiously awaits while I get him situated on the toilet. He likes to read a book while sitting on the potty and he'll ask me to read to him as well. He's not gone into the potty yet and he only sits there until he wants to get up. I don't really have high expectations that he'll be potty trained anytime soon- especially since he's only 16 months old. But, I think it's great that he likes to sit on the potty so far. :)

Oh, he's also learned to "fold" his arms for prayer and will now sit most of the time during prayers, which is awesome.

He initiates more and more interactions with people, which again, is an awesome milestone- and with adults and children alike. I just can't believe how much he's growing and learning. What an awesome baby I have. :)

He pretty much makes this face all of the time.

I love his curls. 

Enjoying playing in the leaves!

I couldn't get him to look at the camera.

He makes the funniest faces!


My baby boy getting ready for prayer.

He kept climbing up and sliding off the chair and laughing. He would also squeal and laugh  throughout. He was cracking me up.

I really love this sweet face of his.
Well, I suppose that's all for now. I just didn't want to forget about how much he's learned recently.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that he's doing so much! Lily uses sign language too... when she wants to. She can sign "all done," "eat," "more," and a few others. And by the way, I think the potty seat is great! The more familiar it is the better!

    ReplyDelete