Thursday, January 31, 2013

Photography

So I really want to get more into photography. I take my own family's portraits and have had the pleasure of taking photos for some friends. I still have a lot of work to do and A LOT to learn, but I am having fun along the way. I've always actually enjoyed photography. I started in high school and practiced taking photos of my littlest sisters. I took photos of them very often with an old Nikon manual that my dad got for me one year for my birthday or Christmas, I can't remember which.

Well, I've since moved onto the digital world. I enjoy film, of course and would actually like to get back into doing some film photography, but I also thoroughly enjoy digital and I appreciate the convenience of loading the photographs onto the computer and seeing them right away.

Anyway, I've never had any sort of photography class. Everything I've learned comes from practice, reading, asking questions and more practice. Like I mentioned above, I have a TON to learn and I am pretty critical of myself. I always see something that I could have done better- which, I think is good.

Today, I had the privilege of taking some photos of a little 2 week old baby boy, Champ. And he was a champ, too! We got some shots of him both awake (he was awake for a lot of it) and asleep. Caleb came with me, so that added an interesting dynamic- trying to entertain my toddler while getting some good shots of Champ, but in the end I think it worked out alright.

I am going to look into taking some photography classes and I'd really like some new equipment as time, energy and my work progresses. One day, I will be a real photographer. For now, enjoy some photos of little Champ:








I love those little bubbles!





2 comments:

  1. It was quite interesting to see pictures of a brand new baby boy on your blog so close to your due date. I was a little confused at first. :) Good luck with your new goals etc. Just take your time, that transition from one baby to two is quite the challenge... Or maybe it was just Adam. Can't wait to hear the official word that the baby is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photography! You're doing well! Keep up the good work, and practice, practice, practice. :)

    ReplyDelete