Tuesday, January 22, 2013

38 and a half weeks...

So I am 38 and a half weeks pregnant... this baby will be coming soo soon and I am so excited. When I was pregnant with Caleb, I knew when he was going to be born. This time around, I just have no idea. I guess I am not as intune. Honestly, it was a true blessing to be so intuned with my body during my last pregnancy and I guess I just don't need that as much this time around. Anyway, I thought I'd take a post a picture just in case I don't get to take another before I have this little bean. I kind of wish that I had taken more pictures this pregnancy. Alas! At least I have some. :) This pregnancy, though it has been a little, scratch that, a lot more painful at times, it's still been pretty easy. My blood pressure has been pretty decent- even though it crept up there a little when I was pregnant with Caleb. I also haven't really had any swelling. I did get some minor swelling with Caleb- but maybe that's because it was during the summer? I feel pretty blessed that I have not had morning sickness with either pregnancy. I had a ton of food aversions with Caleb, but with this pregnancy, I've not really had any. Anyway, I am able to be active, which has been great since I have a toddler to chase after. I have been more tired this time around, but everyone says that's to be expected. Overall, it's been pretty good- minus the pain. I have a lot to be grateful for. :)

This baby is a bit transverse/posterior, so I've been trying to work on things to get the baby to turn. Wish me luck!! I saw one of my midwives today and the baby is still not in a great position, but it's now on the opposite side that he/she was last week, so maybe this baby just likes to move. She didn't seem to concerned, so I'm not going to be either. Though she did still give me some things to work on to help the baby move. The hard part is that I sleep in a recliner on my back due to the intense pubic/hip pain that I experience if I try sleeping on my side. I have been laying on my side at sometimes though to help and have been trying some other exercises that will hopefully work.

Here are a couple of pictures of me... and let me warn you, it's not super flattering. I had the idea of making myself look pretty, you know dress up a bit, do my make-up and hair, but then I forgot about it and I really wanted a picture from today (because the last picture I have before I had Caleb was also on the 22nd of the month and then I had him on the 25th).













 And here I was on June 22nd- 3 days before giving birth to Caleb. :)






We were talking tonight and Jeff says it hasn't hit him yet. I am just super excited to finally meet this little bean. :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so looking at your pictures, I'm gonna say you have a while to go still. Compared to the picture you took when you were pregnant with C, the baby really doesn't appear to have dropped yet. Of course it could be that the baby isn't in the right position, but... You're carrying so different than the last time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Dee! Those pictures are great, though you look like you are very ready to have the little baby make its appearance. :)

    ReplyDelete