Sunday, January 27, 2013

No baby yet....

So, I am still pregnant... yup. There's still a baby inside of me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not overdue or anything. I just thought I'd have the baby this weekend- for no real reason, really... probably just more hopeful than anything. And well, Caleb was a week early- which I know means nothing really.

Anyway, I just knew everything regarding my labor and delivery with Caleb and I have no intuition with this one. Nothing, nada. Anyway, so who knows when I am having this baby. I am trying not to be impatient. I did get sick with some sort of upper respiratory infection, so I guess it's good that I haven't had the baby yet. Also, Jeff was set apart in his calling today and if I had had the baby last night, he wouldn't have been there and it would have been sad to miss that meeting. It was actually a really neat meeting. So those are good things. Anyway, I'm just blabbering... but my new guess is that the baby will be here by Wednesday.

When I walked into my primary class today, my students couldn't believe that I hadn't had my baby yet. "Still no baby?!" I confirmed (thinking in my head, "I sure hope that once I have this baby, my stomach will at least look a little smaller. :)") Anyway, when one of the students gave an opening prayer, he prayed that my baby would come this week. So, perhaps the baby won't be late according to my due date. Perhaps, I can rely on the little childlike faith of my primary class and my little bean will be here sometime this week.

I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but that's nothing new- nothing more though. So we'll see. Jeff thinks the baby will come on tomorrow... we'll see! I'm just excited to see this little bean and so excited to see what we're having. Oh, speaking of which, I had a dream the other night that I had a boy... so now I am not even sure what I think we're having anymore!! Aagghh! At this point, the waiting really is the most challenging part, I guess. :)

On a final note, Jeff gave me a blessing this past week to help alleviate some fears I've had throughout the end of the pregnancy. I'm delivering in a new setting, this pregnancy's been a lot different and more painful and I have just been nervous about some things. I do feel better about all of that now... so time for baby to come, right?! :)

1 comment: