Sunday, October 23, 2011

Being "Present"

I want to be a better blogger. I really want to document the things, feelings, even little moments of inspiration that happen day to day. I want to remember things like how today at stake conference, the wee one was fussy and then fell asleep in my arms as I stood in the hall, held him close and bounced him up and down and how he soon woke up when everyone sang the intermediate hymn, but how he just lay in my arms content to be close to mama in his still sleepy state. I want to remember how his eyes light up when his daddy sings to him and how he'll try to sing back. He loves his daddy. I want to remember how just yesterday someone asked me if he'd discovered his feet and and I answered that he hadn't. But just this morning as we were laying in bed, the little guy started reaching for his feet.

I could go on and on, there are so many things that I want to remember and are so easily missed in this fast paced world and this crazy busy life that I am now living. I don't want to miss out on those little moments. And so, I am going to do a little experiment. Every day for this week- I want to live more in the present. I want to be in the right here, right now. I am going to be more aware of those little moments with the wee one, with Jeff and with others that I am around. I am going to notice the beauty and blessings around me- because those are the moments that matter. So often I let my mind wander off- it's so easy to do, there are a ton of things that I have to get done and my brain rarely lets me forget it. This week, I am going to stop, stop my mind from wandering, enjoy those precious moments that I have each day with my family. And every day this week, I am going to write about how I was able to be "present".

Here we are doing one of my most favorite things. I love reading to my sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment