Saturday, October 29, 2011

Doctors visits



On Wednesday, the wee one had his four month check-up. He weighed in at 17lbs even and was 26 1/4 inches long! He's a big, healthy boy! :) While the doctor was examining him, he was has happy as could be.  He squealed and wiggled around alot. The pediatrician said that I was going to have a handful on my hands. The pediatrician suggested that I start him on solids around Thanksgiving time. He'll be five months old. We'll see. I was thinking I'd start on Christmas (he'll be exactly 6 months old).

Here he is waiting for the doctor to come in.
We are doing a delayed vaccination schedule- not because I believe vaccinations cause Autism, I do not, but rather because I do feel that getting five or six vaccinations at one time is a lot for such a little body. So, he only got one shot and one oral vaccination at his four month check-up. We'll go again next month and get two more. Anyway, he didn't cry at all when he got his shot! What a tough little man!

On Thursday, we went to get his tongue clipped. He let the doctor look at his tongue fine, but then when the doctor came back with the nurse to clip it, he was not happy, understandably so. I held him in my lap. I had to hold his head still and his arms down. After the tongue was clipped, he bled just for a second and he cried until I nursed him. Then he was perfectly fine and experimented with his tongue some. It was neat to watch him as he discovered that he suddenly had more mobility. And, it has already made a difference with nursing. Of course he nursed fine before, once he figured it out. But, he is a little more efficient now and it's less painful for this mama. :)









He has no idea what he's in for. :(


This is just a nervous laugh. Believe me, I did not glory in my babies pain.

All done.

Here are a couple of before and after shots:





As far as he could get his tongue up or out.



After:
Not so heart shaped.

Playing with his tongue.




I still need to get one with his tongue sticking out. It's pretty cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment