Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3 Months

I have been wanting to write this post since last Sunday (well not this past Sunday but the Sunday before) when Caleb turned 3 months old... but time just kept getting away from me.

My little baby is getting so big!! He's three months old now and I can't believe that much time has passed. At the same time, however, it feels like he's always been here. I love him so much more with each passing day, which I don't even understand how that is possible. It's amazing how my love can increase so much- truly a gift from God. I am realizing that we are blessed with such a capacity for love and it seems to me that being a mother helps us to be more Godlike. Not that I am perfect by any means, I am definitely not as I certainly have weaknesses, but being a mother helps me to have more patience, my capacity to love is far more than I could have ever imagined and it just continues to grow. It helps me understand more my own parents' love for me and Heavenly Father's love for all of His children.

But this post is about my 3 month old dude- not my capacity to love. :)

Now that he is three months- he is more social. He has great eye contact and likes to concentrate on other's faces and objects. He is becoming more and more interested in toys. He likes to look at pictures. I love talking with him and sometimes he'll talk back. He LOVES it when we sing to him, especially when his daddy sings to him. He is getting a lot better at grasping toys and bringing them to his mouth- though sometimes he tries to bring them to his mouth and just gets his fist instead. He sits up pretty well when supported. He laughs and I love it when he does. It's the most beautiful sound in the world. He makes the funniest faces. He has so much personality. He's a wonderful little, er big, baby and just brings so much joy to our lives. I love my little guy!

Oh and we went to the doctor yesterday, which I will write about next and he weighs 15lbs. 9 oz. He's a big boy! :)

Now for some pictures:

This is his first time in the stroller without the carseat. He's such a big boy.


 Enjoying a Sunday stroll.

 I just took this picture because he kept sitting up, he didn't want to lean back in the seat. 
 Okay, this has got to be one of my most favorite pictures. Jeff was singing to him and he just loved it and would try to sing with Jeff... it was such a great moment.
 Adorable.

 Napping in his crib (The only time he sleeps in there).


 I love his laughs!

 Haha! (well until it landed on me anyway- more followed)

 I just love his feet.

Eating his toys... eating is what he does best. :) 

 I just love this picture. 

 We watched General Conference on the computer. When the choir sang, we put it on the floor for Caleb to see. He loves music!! (Don't worry, I don't let him watch TV usually :)
 Happy Fall!!


We had dinner at my grandparents' house on Sunday after General Conference. My mom is holding the wee one and my grandpa is talking to him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment